Remodel of an 1893 powerhouse into an interactive Museum. Work was completed in the Riverfront District adjacent to retailers and businesses that were open. Colarelli Construction assisted the nonprofit in soliciting additional funding sources for the project.
This complete renovation of a building on the historic registry converted a river power house to a children’s science museum. Geothermal and photovoltaic systems were installed. CCI helped raise $600,000 on the museum’s behalf to support construction costs. Renovations included display areas, offices, boat house, conference room, and an education center
This project was a community effort and as a result, the scope of work was a dynmaic compromise between the needs of the Historical Society, the Museum, the budget and the varity of exhibit donors.
To overcome these challenges, we worked collaboratively to design and cosntruct a flexible space that adapts to an every-changing enviornment.